So after spending the weekend having a mini-heart attack each time my phone rang (MCS spent the weekend calling all of those who were getting "canned"), I came out on the other side with my job in tow. Hooray! I feel like a weight has been lifted. I should be good to go for the year...unless some other random crazy thing happens. Thanks to all of those who have been praying for me.
I'm feeling more comfortable in my classroom, which is a good thing. The kids are getting used to me and to being at school. They still like to talk pretty much the whole day...surely they'll run out of things to say at some point. Doubtful.
Last week, I decided to use the overhead projector for my math lesson. I told the kids that the machine turned off automatically if it heard talking/noise. I've never seen a room of kids that still and quiet. Of course, after about .7837 seconds, they started talking. I just sneakily reached over and turned it off. They were in awe...it really turned off when it heard talking! I turned it back on and repeated the same process when the talking began again. It was hilarious. I wished I had someone in there to laugh with me.
I'd like to start a little section called "Things I Never Thought I'd Say" on this blog. Each day, I find myself saying things that no one would ever imagine saying. I'll record some of the best ones here.
1. "Umm, we do not do cartwheels while we stand in line in the hallway. We are not at the Olympics."
2. "Excuse me, what do we use our scissors to do? (Answer: To cut paper) Yes, to cut paper, not to CUT OUR FACES!"
3. "What is that on your dress? (Answer: Spit) That's what I thought. Please go get a Kleenex and stop spitting on yourself."
All in a day's work....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Those are amazing! I like the spitting one the best.
I HAVE to share one of mine with you, from today actually. I'm showing a powerpoint to tell a story about my camping trip last summer (lesson was on narrowing the topic in case you're curious) and one of the pictures was of a gas station sign that said "happiness is jumbo corndogs."
They did NOT see the humor in it the way I obviously do, and started (loudly) raving about how much they love jumbo corndogs.
As I'm stifling laughter, I hear one boy mutter under his breath, "I have one of those in my PANTS."
Seriously? I about lost it, and had to pretend not to hear him.
YEA for still having a job.
Thanks again for staying with me Saturday night--so fun to catch up!
Post a Comment